Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Homeownership 101 (February 2011)

Brandi Weber, realtor extraordinaire, will lead us through the basics of homeownership, including the following topics:

When and why to refinance.
Contesting your property taxes.
Why is Real Estate a good investment?
How do you determine if a property will be a good income generating property?
What are the tax benefits of owning investment property?
How do you finance an investment purchase?
What is the current outlook for the Austin market?

She can also cover first-time homebuying, but please let us know in the comments if that's a topic that interests you, so she can leave time for it.

Topic: Homeownership
When: Sunday, February 27th, 4pm to 6pm
Where: Brandi's house (913 Hillside Oaks Dr)

4 comments:

  1. I am definitely interested in the first time homebuying talk. I need a talking to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jeremy and Sinclair: Cool! I will include some 1st timer talk. Ooooh that sounds kind of dirty...pow!

    @Everyone-the topics listed above certainly do sound a bit dry, but I will do my best to make it a comprehendable and interestig type deal. I totally wish I knew how to make balloon shapes/animals or in addition to being a Realtor I was also an illusionist and I could weave some "slight of hand" into my presentation---alas, I am not. I will do my best and I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete